Skip to main content

Sealey customer service

Okay, today I'm writing about my experience with ordering a Sealey motorbike lift.

On the 29 April, after seeing Sealey products recommended on a youtube channel, I went to my local shop and ordered a motorbike lift. The lift I ordered was on promotion and came with a free tool kit  (Motorcycle Lift 365kg Capacity Hydraulic with Portable Tool Chest 2 Drawer with 90pc Tool Kit) . The shop phoned sealey to make sure that the lift and toolkit were in stock and sealey told them that delivery would be in about a week.

Just under a week later, the motorbike lift did arrive. However when I went to pick up the lift from the shop, they told me that Sealey had changed the expected date for the toolkit and that it would be a couple more weeks.

Two weeks later, I rang the shop to see if the toolkit had  arrived, and they said that they had phoned Sealey and Sealey had moved the date for the toolkit. it was now expected on 23rd June.

Well, you can guess what happened next. I went to the shop on 26th June and they told me that Sealey had changed the date (yet again). the toolkit was now expected on 4th August.

I have emailed Sealey and the reply I got back just said that "as soon as the stock arrives" the orders will be fulfilled.

so it seems to me that Sealey don't have any timescales for getting the toolkit in stock (otherwise they would have given me a date).

So on 4th August, I will see if the toolkit becomes available. I'm not holding my breath though.

let this be a lesson. only buy Sealey products that are in stock whereever you order them from. Or just buy a different brand.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Windows Subsystem for Linux Internals

Background Windows Subsystem for Linux was developed by Microsoft to enable command line programs compiled for the Linux operating system to be executed on Windows. To explain the architecture I would like to show the evolution of OS design and how that has enabled this subsystem to be built. Dark Ages (or Back in the Day) Microsoft's MS-DOS was quite primitive in its design (compared to today's OS's). It is a single user OS that can execute one process at a time. DOS had an application programming interface to allow user programs to access some hardware in a device independent way, but only for character-based applications. This allowed applications to display graphical elements emulated with text characters as these screenshots of Microsoft word for DOS show: This is Microsoft Word version 1. To use these programs you had to remember key combinations to bring up the menus and used the cursor keys to navigate around the screen. If the a...

Project Z750 part 27

Well, some good news. the headlights didn't need fixing. they were working all along. My wife helped me diagnose the problem. It was a really tricky one too. She suggested I try the headlights with the engine running, which I knew wasn't going to work as my other bike's headlight comes on when I turn on the ignition, but I thought I'd humour her. So, ignition on and press the starter. Oh crap. nothing. I turn the ignition off and on again (I know it's not a computer, I was listening for the fuel pump) all was quiet. no fuel pump. Here we go again. Tank off again. I feel like I'm going backwards here. I put a battery directly to the fuel pump. whoops, should have put a cloth underneath the fuel hose first. But i don't care about a little spilt fuel. the pump works. So it's the wiring (again). My wife suggested I try the pairs of alarm wires (which again, I knew wouldn't help as they were fine). I wonder if I'll ever learn ...

Project Z750 part 5

As my other bike was going in for service I decided to ask them their opinion on the fuel pump getting gummed up with fuel. they said that it's not common, and that the alarm is normally attached to multiple systems common ones being the fuel pump and the tip over sensor (as well as the kill switch) okay, so the next step is to put power to the fuel pump and see if it works. tank off again, up on the bench and create wires to go straight from a battery to the fuel pump connector. once the wires were ready, I attached the ground lead to the fuel pump connector and (making sure I didn't short the battery) touched the live battery wire to the other connector. viola power direct to the pump, but absolutely no sign of life, no humm, no vibration, nothing. okay, are the wires connecting properly? multi-meter from battery terminal to ground wire connection on tank. yep that connection is fine, no resistance. so switch the multi-meter to volts, ground multi-meter probe to same...